Wesley Ward will work his Royal Ascot team at the Berkshire track on Wednesday morning after cancelling a planned gallop in Newmarket on Tuesday.
The American handler had intended to give the majority of his contenders, including leading Coventry Stakes fancy Arawak, a spin on the Rowley Mile course, but concerns about the quick ground at Headquarters prompted him to call off the gallops.
Ward had always planned to gallop stable star and King’s Stand Stakes favourite Lady Aurelia at Ascot on Wednesday, but she will now be joined by the eight stablemates who missed out in Newmarket.
Ward said: “They are doing so well they are ready to explode.
“I was fretting about the work all last night. I walked the track last night and it seemed a bit too hard, so I just thought it best to err on the side of caution and go for a little bit softer ground.
“I’m very appreciative of (clerk of the course) Chris Stickels at Ascot and they are watering today.
“As soon as Frankie (Dettori) gets there, we will do three sets of three.”
Others due to strut their stuff include Commonwealth Cup hope Bound For Nowhere, Queen Mary favourite Happy Like A Fool and Norfolk-bound McErin.
One horse that will not be in action at Ascot on Wednesday but is due to run at the Royal meeting is Fairyland, with the Derrick Smith-owned filly completing her preparations at home.
Ward added: “Fairyland is mid-flight right now. She did her last bit of work on Monday at Keeneland.
“She’s entered in the Queen Mary and Albany and is ready to go in either one.”
Latest Race News
- Timiyan digs deep to make successful start for Elliott
- Dorans River delivers at Roscommon
- Joe Murphy considers next move for ‘tough and game’ Only Mine
- Royal Ascot-bound Born To Play added to Goffs London Sale roster
- Darren Bunyan planning to send sole raider in search of Scurry success
- Glamorous dressed up for potential Munster Oaks bid
- Saeed bin Suroor expects Thunder Snow to find life tough against Churchill
- Vazirabad to miss Order Of St George showdown in Gold Cup at Royal Ascot
- Wesley Ward team set for Ascot workout after late change of plan
- So Mi Dar team in no hurry to map future plans after ruling out Royal Ascot run